Monday, April 14, 2014

Pinterest Challenge #1

The first Pinterest pin challenge I picked was a dinner,  Chickpea and Butternut Squash Curry  to be exact. We eat a lot of vegetarian dishes in our household  and we like Indian food, so this was right up our alley.
I followed the recipe slightly. I used pre-cut butternut squash, frozen peas, and frozen chickpeas that I had cooked earlier. I used a Patak Mild Curry Paste, which is different from the recipe, but it was what I had and I think I could have added more. The recipe calls for 2 tablespoons, and I added that plus a little bit but flavor was still a little bland for me. Though if I was honest, my nose was a little stuffy, so maybe it was spicier than I thought and I just couldn't taste it. I served it with rice and naan bread. I liked the recipe and will make again, but will use a different Curry Paste, as there are numerous options, maybe I will get brave and try making my own.


Some of the ingredients. Not pictured are the chickpeas, green peas, onions and garlic.


Chickpeas, green peas onion and garlic being sauteed in coconut oil.



Dinner is served

Now to decide on this weeks challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment