Monday, September 28, 2015

Baby Flynn- 20 Weeks

I am just a little behind posting. Sorry.

We had our 20 week ultrasound on September 4th. Luckily Jason made it back from his work trip.
That was quite the ordeal.

He got to Seattle just fine, but just after he let me know this, he got an alert saying that his flight to Pullman was cancelled. He goes to the ticket counter and they know nothing about the flight being cancelled-so Google knew about it before the airlines did.

The ticketing desk finally gets confirmation that the flight to Pullman is cancelled due to weather. The weather in Pullman/Moscow was gorgeous, so it wasn't on our end.

Needless to say I was starting to panic that Jason wouldn't be back in time for our ultrasound at 8am. He was on his way to talk to the ticketing agent to get a rental car voucher, so he could drive the 6 hours home, when they were notified that they were being flown into Lewiston.

GREAT!!! Yes it is a further drive for me, but I was just excited that he would be home. So I headed down to Lewstion to pick up him at midnight (mind you, I am usually in bed by 11 at the latest).

Fast forward to the morning, and we head to the hospital for our ultrasound.  It was so cold that morning!

We get started early, amazing I know! I got covered in warm blankets, gotta love those.  Little stinker wasn't holding still for all the measurements she needed to take. And then when we wanted to verify gender, baby wouldn't move for a good picture.

Finally after some prodding baby moved and we got visual verification that we are having a little BOY!!!  We have known since 14 weeks, since that is what the NIPS test told us we were having, but nice to see the little "turtle" as the ultrasound tech called it.

We had decided on a name already; Colm. His name means dove or peace. Middle names, yes names are still being decided. They will either be Jack Albert or Marcus Albert, we just aren't sure which set yet.

We are excited, now just need to start working on his room, after we, (I mean Jason) finishes other projects (current one is installing an Iron Clear filtration system and an on demand water heater).





**Update: 24 weeks
I haven't been able to feel much of anything because of an anterior placenta. This means Colm has much more to push through for me to feel things.

However, I have noticed more flutters or bubbles on 9/27 & 9/28 while I am just sitting. I am excited to be able to fell him, though I am sure my thoughts will change in a few months and I want to sleep. :)  However right now I will take it.

In the bottom picture above he has his nose in the placenta.

We were also told that one of his kidneys was measuring 2 mm bigger than normal. Doctor said not to worry since the normal only covers 95% of people. I had to tell myself that I am not surprised, since I have been an outlier on many things myself.  We will do another ultrasound some time in October.  So we will get to see him 4 times instead of the normal 2! They just want to see if it has gotten bigger or stayed where it was. They can't do anything until he is born if the kidney is bigger, but we will have a plan of action in place if it comes it it. In the mean time, I can't do anything about it, so I am not stressing and it would do neither of us any good.


No comments:

Post a Comment