Monday, February 23, 2015

New Wall Decor

We have lived in our house for 5 years now. Wow 5 years! Where does time go?

We still have lots of projects that we want to accomplish, and that list seems to be getting longer and longer. Anyway I digress.

I joined a 14 week organizing challenge. And while I haven't been following the weekly challenges like everyone, I have been doing my own thing. The Facebook page helps keep me motivated to a small degree. But mainly I LOVE the feeling of getting rid of stuff, it is like a weight is taken off. Now if only it would really take the weight off, I have some I could lose.

I also decided I was going to start working on finally adding some life or personality into some of the rooms that have been neglected up until now.

So I turned to the all addicting website known as Pinterest for ideas. Yeah I love that site.  First I decided to tackle the laundry room.

The laundry room needs some help, and I have an idea board for stuff I would like to incorporate in there if possible. But until those projects become a glimmer of a reality I decided to add some artwork. This is only one wall, the other wall still needs sheetrock replaced.

Right above the light switch when you walk in

Laundry room wall decor
I still have some stuff I want to add. But doing it in bits and pieces.




I also added some wall decor to the hallway at the bottom of the stairs.

I have a metal flower piece that I think I am going to add to the wall in the first picture below. We will see how how it looks.

Add caption

Found at Bed Bath &Beyond.


This is the inspiration of what I want to do on the wall you see as you walk down the stairs. Now if only I was crafty enough to do it. May have to supply the canvas to someone and have them do it. This picture just makes me smile.


So small progress, but to me it makes a big difference in adding some personality to the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment