Monday, August 4, 2014

New Curtains

In a previous post, I talked about doing things around that house to just make it more welcoming, homier, whatever.  Yesterday Jason hung curtain rods and thus, this allowed me to hang curtains I have had for at least 2 years. I won't mention how long I have been asking for the curtain rods to be hung.

This action was spurred on by our air conditioner deciding to quit working on Friday. Of course this happens when it is 95 degrees outside. We have been trying to keep the house cooler by shutting curtains and keeping fans running, though that doesn't seem to help too much. Hopefully we can get the air conditioner fixed soon.

So anyway, back to the curtains. We had bought a double rod so now, what do I put on the front? I am in a small town and there are two places to shop for curtains, Bed Bath and Beyond and Wal-Mart.  I bought some curtains that are suppose to block out sun, though white curtains don't do that so well. I should have bought longer length though, oh well, I was in a hurry and didn't pay attention to see if they had 96" length.

However my favorite curtains are the sheers I bought what feels like forever ago and am finally seeing. These came from Cost Plus World Market, and can I say I just love them. I love the clear "burnout" and the birds are green, but since there aren't that many birds it is just a pop of color. Very happy with the purchase and even happier with finally getting to see them hung up. Love the white next to the dark purple of the master bedroom walls. Simple things that make me smile.




No comments:

Post a Comment