The night started off with a yummy dinner that included:
Crispy Chicken-really good flavor
Fish Balls-wasn't so fond of these
Tofu and vegetables-tofu was a little over done, but still had great flavor
Green Beans and ground pork-really delicious!
Fried rice or steamed rice-I went with the fried rice and it was yummy!
We were then given different cultural performances. It is fun to get a brief immersion into a culture like this.
Dance: Song of Autumn Colors. Beautifully choreographed and danced by several young women.
Sorry the picture isn't the greatest, I couldn't get my phone to focus for some reason and wish I had a video.
Song-Male Solo- A song about the artisan who makes the famous blue porcelain. I apparently deleted the short video on accident.
Peking Opera Singing- Apparently this is where men sing in crazy high voices. Not sure I would pay to see this if I went to China, but also not closing the door on the thought either.
Chinese Traditional Fashion Show-featured the young women in different styles of dresses-sorry no pictures my seat didn't provide the best shot of the runway and all you would have seen were their heads.
Song-Female Solo- She sang "My Heart will Go On" from Titanic. Apparently anything that is Hollywood is extremely popular over there.
Dragon dance-Started off with no music, but then the music kicked in. No video as they didn't really do anything, but here are some pictures of the dragon. They aren't the greatest. Sorry!
So there is a brief view of China Night. There were kinks that need to be worked out, but the students did a wonderful job putting it together and I hope they hold more in the future. Looking forward to Taste of Nepal and India Nite. We missed Africa Night this year :(



No comments:
Post a Comment