Saturday, February 2, 2013

Tackling the Junk Drawer

So today I tackled the junk drawer in the kitchen. I was tired of the way the drawer made me feel when I opened it and wanted the ability to find stuff quickly.  It wasn't really that bad, and no I don't have a picture to prove that. as I was too excited to get started and just forgot.


So above is a picture of all the stuff that was in the drawer including all the mismatched containers I had been trying to make work.


Here is the drawer now. Opening the drawer now makes me happy. The writing instrument holder is obviously a silverware tray, but it worked well for this purpose. Now instead of digging for a pencil, pen, or marker they are clearly marked.

The bottom right container has tape, matches and a glue stick. Located in the back are the flashlights we need handy for whatever might come up.

The only thing I am not 100% sure about is the placement of my coupon binder. I will continue to look for a place that might be more reasonable for it.


2 comments:

  1. Why don't you head over to my house for a few days. I can put you to good use! =)

    Way to go there Heather. I'm getting the itch for spring cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It has been really nice to have it clean and organized. Trying to work on small things I can complete in a short amount of time. I will tackle bigger projects soon.

      Delete